1. How long have you been collecting Sailor Moon items?
since around 97 I think so something like 14 years 0.o
2. How many items are in your collection?
Over 10,000 cards, a bedroom collection, and several figures. I try to limit myself on what I collect.
3. Do you keep your items in the box or are you a ‘de-boxer’?
I open everything, especially since most of what I collect is cards lol however figures just look so much nicer out of the box 😛
4. How do you display your collection?
Cards are in binders and figures are in cases.
5. What was the first piece that started the whole thing?
Cardzillion Series 3!!! My favorite card set because I remember seeing them at Toys R Us and my mom actually volunteered to wait while I stood there and got a full set out of that dang machine. Did the same when they reissued sets 1 and 2 as well. My favorite SM memory 😀
6. What is your favorite/most treasured/meaningful piece in your collection?
See above hehe
7. What is your most desired collection piece that has yet to be acquired?
I would like to finish off my color variation sets for the Cardzillion which is proving very, very difficult.
8. What is your favorite category (dolls, cels, etc) for collecting from and why?
Cards, probably because of what my mom did when I first got into the show hehe their just awesome!
9. Is there any item/character that you wish had been made into a toy?
Mercury computer, The Tux rose dart, lol — Shin that sounds awesome haha
10. Where do/did you find most of the items in/for your collection?
Most of it was through auctions and trades, and one very special trip up to Canada when they were still selling Sailor Moon items in stores 😉
11. What is the greatest length you have gone to for a particular item?
Going to Canada I suppose trip wise, but money wise would be spending money that should have gone towards college x3
12. What is the most expensive item in your collection?
Gashapon set 2 and a lot of early PP cards probably
13. What was the best bargain you’ve ever managed to get?
Gashapon full set 2 for 20.00
14. How do you feel about bootlegs?
I don’t mind bootlegs when it comes to cards because I think they have their own place in things but I don’t collect them in place of an original.
15. Do you have plans to sell your collection in the future?
I’ll slim just a few things down, but no not really.
16. Do any of the items in your collection have a neat story behind them?
I mentioned one above but I remember once ordering something from a site and they sent me the wrong one (it was a pretty expensive item – like 50.00) so they said I could keep the one they sent me and they then sent me the right one for free. It was quite awesome but they said they had been trying to get rid of the items to a good home and I was the only one who showed interest lol
17. What do your friends/family think of your hobby?
Most think I am a little strange but a lot of my friends collect SM things too so eh. My mom links looking through my cards every now and then though, she quite likes the Bromides and Cardzillions hehe
18. Do you collect anything else, or just Sailor Moon related items?
I suppose you could say I collect other things but its not quite in the same manner. Like, I collect dvds of my favorite movies as opposed to just saving them as a file on the computer or I collect books that help me write (like encyclopedias on various subjects and such) even though I know I could just look up the info online (which would take so much longer!).
19. What do you think the lowest quality/least desired kind of Sailor moon item is?
The North American dolls and just general North American items are probably the least desired – not by me, just saying in general! People just get it stuck in their head that because the show is from Japan then the “Japanese stuff must be better and therefore costs more.” I don’t get it, but eh let them think what they want. I personally love many of the North American items and think some Japanese items are just plain weird … then again the Japanese can be weird at times lol and they have probably run out of things to put Sailor Moon’s face on so xD
20. Is there anything else you’d like to add?
That Shin is a silly man but I love him so 😀 hehe oh and, of course, Sailor Moon is awesome!